Update 10/1/2019- CORONA HOSPITALIZED: Our boy Corona presented a few days ago with vomiting and an inability to keep his food down. We quickly got him to the local vet who x rayed his stomach and found he was very impacted, but couldn’t determine the cause and suggested taking him somewhere for more advanced diagnostics. We immediately took him to a 24 hour hospital where he has remained now for three days. There are still no definitive answers. The doctors considered doing an exploratory surgery to see if he is having issues with his GI tract, but decided against it because his temperature was a little low and a new X-ray revealed his bowels were beginning to move along. They want to wait to see if he will clear his own bowels and avoid surgery. They will keep him on IV fluids and medication to assist. It is possible that he has developed a chronic ailment, and one cause is possibly Ilias. The doctors feel he was more energetic today but are still waiting before definitively doing any surgery unless absolutely necessary. His blood work seems quite unremarkable and they are still exploring all avenues of possible ailments that would cause him to be so impacted. PLEASE DONATE to help us offset the mounting hospitalization costs to diagnose and treat CORONA. We are very worried as Corona has been with us now for years and is without doubt our baby boy, who we love dearly. We will leave no stone unturned when it comes to diagnosing him and making sure he gets the very best care so please help us keep that promise to him!
This loveable boy was found abandoned, tied to a street sign in Queens! He has been with NYBC for almost 5 years and is great with people of all ages.